Serving the Maritime Industry
Discovery Health MD offers the most comprehensive and integrated suite of services designed to manage medical risk. Using our depth and breadth of global experience, we will proactively manage the health and medical needs of your workforce.
Our services are targeted at high-risk segments of remote worksites including:
- Fishing vessels
- Ready Reserve
- Private Vessels
- Other Remote Worksites
- SeaDoc® 24×7 Physician consultation support with recommendations for consideration by the vessel Master or appointed Medical Representative.
- Assistance with ship diversion and medical evacuation coordination.
- Arrangement of air and ground ambulance transportation and medical escort services on commercial flights.
- Arrangement of medical and dental appointments in port.
- Physician Driven Case Management.
- Nurse Case Management Services.
- Claims Adjustment Services
- Fitness-for-Duty and Respirator Screening Programs.
- Assistance for credentialed mariners in preparation for medical recertification exams.
- Flag State Compliant Medical Chest Design and DEA Compliant Controlled Substance Management.
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) supply, support and medical control.
- Naloxone and Epinephrine workplace programs.
- Consulting in maritime medical risk management and complex medical cases.
We will work with you to build a best-practices medical risk management program tailored to your operations.
Our mission is to help save lives, to improve the health and welfare of all employees with whom we interact, and to help them navigate the complex health care system. Through these services, we can reduce stress and anxiety during difficult times. We work with our clients to facilitate an employee’s ability to work and support their families, while protecting the training and education you and they have invested in for their careers.